Image: Te Wānanga o Aotearoa subject matter expert Erana Matene
A project management function is ready to provide support and guidance for kaimahi undertaking projects within Te Wānanga o Aotearoa.
Over the past six months Te Tari Arataki Kaupapa, the Project Management Office (PMO) of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been under development.
The PMO provides an oversight of projects going on throughout Te Wānanga o Aotearoa.
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa subject matter expert Erana Matene said the PMO was working closely with key wāhanga on developing the new project management methodology. .
“What we are doing is enabling them with tools and training to deliver projects successfully,” she said.
“We are shifting from a compliance mindset to one that’s more uplifting and providing our people with guidance and support.”
TWoA project management framework has been developed based on best practice within the industry but it retains a unique wānanga flavour.
It reflects our organisation’s values and supports our strategic objectives.
The PMO will provide the following;
- A portal for all projects, project progress and documentation, allowing visibility into project activity across TWoA
- Automated monitoring and reporting of TWoA project activity
- Access to the new TWoA project activity
- Access to the new TWoA project management methodology, processes, tools and templates
- Project management training, mentoring and guidance
A project pānui will be sent out on a monthly basis to keep kaimahi informed.