Kia ora e te whānau,
The health and safety of our tauira and their whānau are paramount for Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. We're taking all necessary precautions in our wānanga to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All classes will continue as planned except for noho delivery scheduled this weekend.
- Kaiako (tutors) and tauira (students) who are unwell should not attend classes.
- All one-day wānanga scheduled for the remainder of this week are to continue nationwide.
- Kaiako and tauira who are unwell should not attend one-day wānanga.
- All noho this coming weekend 20-22 March are cancelled - further information may be provided by your kaiako.
- We're looking again at how we can best hold noho going forward - the decision at this time is to only to cancel noho for this weekend.
Co-operation with Government agencies on education delivery
- We’re discussing with Government ministries and tertiary sector partners on how we can co-operate to continue delivering education to tauira as the COVID-19 situation develops.
- We’ll provide updates as things develop.
- Due to the escalating COVID-19 situation, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has made the very difficult decision to cancel all graduation ceremonies planned for April and May 2020.
- It is with considerable regret this decision has been made but it reflects the importance Te Wānanga o Aotearoa places on the health and safety of you our tauira, your whānau, our kaimahi and the wider community.
We will continue to keep tauira informed of any relevant information related to Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. We endeavour to keep our website regularly updated. In the meantime, it's important for us all to follow the COVID-19 prevention guidelines at https://covid19.govt.nz.
Please, e hoa mā, let's keep working together to keep ourselves safe during this time.
Ngā manaakitanga ki runga i a tātou katoa,
Hon. Te Ururoa Flavell
Te Taiurungi - Chief Executive Officer