Terms and Conditions
To recognise and thank attendees of the 2019 Waka Ama National Sprint Competition, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is giving eligible Waka Ama clubs the opportunity to enter and be in to win one of five prize packages.
- These Terms and Conditions govern our VIP Package Giveaway (“Giveaway”). Entrant participation in this Giveaway is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that any associated club members, guests, and invitees are aware of and comply with these Terms and Conditions at all times.
- To be eligible for this Giveaway you must enter your details as required on the entry form between 9 January 2019 and 8pm on 13 January 2019 (“Campaign Period”).
- Unless stated otherwise, the Giveaway is only open to Waka Ama club members participating in the Waka Ama Sprint Nationals 2019. Waka Ama clubs comprising of employees, contractors or agents of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa are NOT eligible to enter or win the Giveaway.
- Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is not liable or responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly entered entries to this Giveaway, or any technical malfunction, delay or loss of data that may result in the failure or delay of the entry into the Giveaway.
- Te Wānanga o Aotearoa reserves the right, at any time, to verify the identity of Waka Ama clubs and/or its members for the Giveaway to ensure they are eligible to participate and may disqualify any participant from the Giveaway who is not eligible in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Contact details on the entry form must belong to the entrant. Entrants must be 16 years or over.
- Te Wānanga o Aotearoa will randomly draw five participants from the eligible entrants on 14 January 2019 (“Giveaway Date”).
- The Winners will be selected by a random draw from all entrants who are eligible for the Giveaway (“Winners”). The Winners will be notified by Facebook, email or telephone on 14 January 2019 using the contact details supplied on its entry form. In the case of email notification, Winners must contact Te Wānanga o Aotearoa to be advised of their allocated date to occupy the VIP Tent.
- A Winner must nominate a Waka Ama club that they belong to on the entry form to receive the Giveaway. Only one Giveaway prize may be allocated to a nominated Waka Ama club.
- The Giveaway will be forfeited if:
- Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is unable to contact a Winner (including where emails are returned undeliverable or where the Recipient fails to respond to a notification); or
- the same entrant has already been drawn as a Winner (i.e you cannot win more than one prize in the Giveaway); or
- the same Waka Ama club has already been nominated to receive the Giveaway by a Winner (i.e a Waka Ama club cannot receive more than one prize in the Giveaway); or
- a Winner is ineligible to participate; or
- a Winner refuses to complete or sign any documentation or details reasonably required by Te Wānanga o Aotearoa (including on behalf of any suppliers); or
- a Winner breaches or does not accept any of these Terms or Conditions; or
- a Winner cannot fully participate in the Giveaway for any reason.
- If the Giveaway is forfeited, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa may conduct a redraw and select an alternative Winner. Te Wānanga o Aotearoa reserves the right to continue to follow the process outlined above until a Winner is selected, contacted, and does not forfeit the Giveaway.
- No financial or other consideration will be awarded to any forfeiter.
- Each individual Giveaway prize includes:
- one x 1-day use of the VIP Tent location (6m x 9m) for each Winner and their nominated eligible Waka Ama club members, guests, and invitees (“Permitted Attendees”) for use at the event (each Winner will be allocated and notified of a date to occupy the VIP Tent by Te Wānanga o Aotearoa); and
- selected snacks and non-alcoholic drinks for Permitted Attendees in amounts to be determined by Te Wānanga o Aotearoa in its sole discretion (“Products”).