Last updated Monday 20 June, 2022.
Thirty (30) winners will each receive one (1) x double pass to the movie WHINA which opens in Aotearoa New Zealand cinemas on Thursday 23 June 2022 (view trailer here). Winners will redeem the double pass and receive two tickets to WHINA.
The competition runs from 4pm Monday 20 June 2022 until midnight Wednesday 22 June 2022.
How to enter:
- To enter the prize draw, entrants must leave a comment on our Te Wānanga o Aotearoa Facebook or Instagram pages, during the competition period - telling us ‘Who they’d take to WHINA and why’.
- Each comment counts as one entry and you can only enter once.
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years and over.
- Employees and contractors of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa are not eligible to enter the Competition.
Selection and notification of winners:
- Te Wānanga o Aotearoa will randomly draw winners from the collective pool of eligible entries.
- Te Wānanga o Aotearoa will courier each winner 2 x single passes which may be redeemed at a cinema of their choice screening WHINA subject to the Promoter conditions below – the Promoter conditions are also printed on the passes.
- Winners of all prizes will be notified via Facebook in writing via private message by midday on Thursday 23 June 2022.
- Once notified, winners must accept the prize and notify Te Wānanga o Aotearoa of a physical address in New Zealand to receive the tickets within 48 hours, i.e by midday Saturday 25 June 2022.
a. unable to contact a winner within 48 hours of the Competition closing; or
b. the participant is found to be ineligible; or
c. the winner has not provided a courier address to receive the tickets within 48 hours; or
d. the participant is found to have breached or does not agree to these Terms and Conditions;
the prize will be deemed to be forfeited and Te Wānanga o Aotearoa reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible participant. No financial or other consideration will be awarded to the forfeiter.
- All decisions of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa in relation to the Competition are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be exchanged or altered in any way. There will be no cash alternatives. The ticket is non-transferable and cannot be resold.
- Tickets will be sent via courier to the winners.
General Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on how to enter this Competition form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants must supply full contact details as required and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize.
- Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is not liable or responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly entered entries to this Competition, or any technical malfunction, delay or loss of data that may result in the failure or delay of the entry into the Competition.
- Where the event becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the control of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa will not substitute the prize.
- Where the Competition is run through Facebook or Instagram, the Competition is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by or associated with Facebook Inc., Facebook Ireland Limited or any other related company. Facebook has no liability in relation to the Competition.
- All entry details will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this Competition. Aggregate information may be used for publicity purposes surrounding this Competition.
- Winners agree that Te Wānanga o Aotearoa may use their name, details and photographs for promotional and media purposes. Winners agree to participate in any publicity arrangements which we reasonably require, in each case without compensation.
Winners must comply with all conditions printed on the double pass:
The double pass may not be redeemed on/for
- public holidays
- after 5:00 PM on Saturdays
- cinema discount days (Discount days vary between cinemas)
- private sessions
- Reading Titan XC
- Premium or Gold Lounge sessions
- Event Cinema Goldclass
- Academy Gold or VMAX
- Hoyts Lux
- Hoyts D-Box
The double pass may be used only at participating cinemas only.
This double pass does not guarantee admission and is subject to seat availability. Please check WHINA session times beforehand to avoid disappointment.
The double pass must be taken as offered and is not exchangeable, transferrable, saleable, or redeemable for cash.