Learn about your whakapapa through whakairo. You will gain a basic understanding of te ao Māori cultural concepts of whakapapa, mihimihi and whakawhanaungatanga. You will also get an introduction to whakairo surface patterns and carved applications as representations of your lineage.
- This course takes place one day per week over three weeks.
- $161 (incl. GST)
- 12352 – Describe aspects of one’s own lineage, heritage, and cultural identity (Level 2, Credits 3)
Future Career Opportunities:
- Cultural art educator
Where to from here?
- STAR Māori Art Design
- STAR Māori Art Drawing Techniques
- Kāwai Raupapa - Introduction to (Māori) Art Level 3
- Toi Paematua - Diploma in Māori Art Level 5