Last updated Friday 19 June, 2020
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. Your use of any general information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk. It will be your own responsibility to ensure that such information and materials meet your specific requirements.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- all warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including (without limitation) the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of this website or the information and materials found or offered through it, for any particular purpose; and
- we will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense or indirect losses of consequential damages of any kind, suffered or incurred by you in connection with your access to or use of this website or the content on or accessed through it.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other third party websites. These websites have not been developed by us and are not controlled by us. The links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with the third party website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New Zealand and will be dealt with by New Zealand courts, and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- Use of iAkoranga requires a compatible device, internet access, and certain software, and may require you to obtain updates or upgrades from time to time. Your ability to access and use iAkoranga may be affected by the performance of the internet, software and/or your device. High speed Internet access is recommended. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for your access to, and fees for, the internet, software and hardware required for iAkoranga, which may be changed from time to time.
- To use iAkoranga you must register and log on using your assigned username and your nominated password. You must ensure that all your registration information is complete and accurate, and you must not use any other person’s username and password to access iAkoranga. You are responsible for keeping your password secure and you should not share it with any other person. You will be responsible for all use of iAkoranga through your username and password.
- You are responsible for all content you submit, post, display or otherwise contribute through iAkoranga, which may include any comment, review, message, data, information, text, music, sound, photo, graphic, code, assessment or any other material (User Content). You agree that such User Content must not include any of the following:
- anything that is false, unlawful, misleading, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing or advocates harassment of another person, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable or which discriminates against or vilifies any group or individual;
- anything that may infringe any trade secret or intellectual property rights of any person or entity;
- anything that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, including us;
- anything containing commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes;
- private information of any third party, including, surname (family name), addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and credit card numbers; or
- any code or other matter that does or is intended to harm, disable, destroy or adversely affect performance of iAkoranga or any of our systems, networks or data in any way (or the systems, network or data of any other person).
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion and for any reason to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all User Content from iAkoranga, but we have no obligation to do so, and we will not be responsible or liable for any of User Content.
- You give us permission to use your User Content for the purposes of providing online learning services to you through iAkoranga, and to assist us with modifying and improving iAkoranga. To the extent that any of your User Content incorporates historical mātauranga Māori that is not subject to copyright protection, we will apply the principle of kaitiakitanga (guardianship) and respect the rights of iwi and hapū over ngā taonga katoa (their treasured things) to the extent it relates to such historical mātauranga Māori, and in accordance with Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- You must not use iAkoranga:
- in a way that interferes with, or disrupts our networks or systems, or the use of our networks or systems by any other user; or
- to engage in activity that is illegal, fraudulent, false, or misleading or impacts the privacy of other users.
- You must abide by any user guidelines, procedures and policies which may be made available by us from time to time, including the iAkoranga Kaiako Guide, the iAkoranga Tauira Guide, Digital Tikanga, the Tauira Online Assessment Guide, and the Kaiako Online Assessment Guide (copies of the assessment guides can be obtained from your Kaiako). Each of these may be updated at our sole discretion from time to time.