Not sure where to begin or need a little more assistance with your online library experience? We can help.
Our step-by-step guides will guide you through the Te Wānanga o Aotearoa online library.
If you're still experiencing issues, please contact your local library.
Signing in allows you to:
1. Click 'Sign in'
2. Click your option to log in
3. Enter your username
4. Enter your password
If you've forgotten your password, please phone Hangarau on 0800 808 789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Your name will show in the menu bar on successful login
Accessing your library account (Library Card) allows you to:
Sign in, click on your name in the menu bar and click 'Library Card'
If you don't know how to sign in, view our signing in guide
To go back to search, click the 'go back to search' icon or the 'search all libraries' link in the menu bar
You have three search options when conducting a basic search or an advanced search. You can also manage search results and save your search.
You have three options to begin your search:
Default search. Searches all items held or subscribed to by our library. This includes print, audio-visual items, and digital items such as e-books, images and online articles.
2. Library catalog
Searches all items in our library collections e.g. books, audio-visual items, journals and more.
Searches databases and web sources for articles.
1. Navigate to the library search homepage
2. Type the word(s) you want to find in the search box and click the search icon
You can change your search option on the results page and rerun your search by clicking the search icon
3. Your search results will display accordingly
Advanced search allows you to choose specific search options e.g. subject, title, author, etc.
Results from your search are displayed on the results page. From here, you can:
You can also sort and refine your results
Save a search to rerun later as many times as you wish. This saves time and you can see any new items that have been added since the search was last run.
1. After running a search, click the 'go to search history' pin icon in the menu bar
2. Under the 'search history' tab, click the 'keep this search' pin icon next to the search you would like to save
3. Under the 'saved searches' tab, click the 'set an alert for this search' bell icon to set an alert for your saved search
Save records of items to your favourites so you can quickly refer to them.
1. After completing a search, click the 'keep this item' pin icon on the item you would like to save
2. The pin icon will change colour, indicating that it has been added to 'My Favorites'
3. To access 'My Favorites', click the 'go to my favorites' pin icon on the menu bar or sign in, click on your name and click 'My Favorites'
1. After completing a search, click the title of the record you would like to get
2. Navigate to the 'Get It' section
3. Note the dewey decimal number to find the book on the shelf at your preferred library
1. Click 'Request' in the 'Get it' section
2. Enter your details in the request form
3. Click 'Send Request'
4. Your request will be successfully placed
If you have problems requesting an item, contact your preferred library
1. Access your library account and click 'Loans'
2. Click 'Renew' on the items you would like to renew
You can also click 'Renew all' to renew all items
Let us know about your experience with our website. We'll take your feedback into consideration as we develop the site.
Call us from 8.00am to 6.00pm
Monday to Friday