Get support for your educational and personal needs.
We offer a range of core services designed to support your educational and personal needs in the areas of academic achievement, careers, disability, enrolment, financial assistance, and pastoral care.
We’ll work with you to develop your potential so you can successfully complete your studies. Our services are free and we treat all information with discretion.
Student support services
We can help you reach your career goals:
- Career planning
- Curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letters
- Job search skills and Student Job Search.
We can support you through any complaints you may have:
- Educational review and appeal
- Formal complaints
- Informal resolution strategies
If you have a temporary or permanent disability or impairment, make sure you ask us how we can help. We may be able to provide:
- A support worker or note-taker
- An assessment of your learning needs
- An eye or hearing test
- Special equipment or resources
We can help you find financial support through:
- Work and Income
Help with my study
We can help you with the study skills you need to set and achieve your study goals, including:
- Help with assignments
- Essay writing
- Time management
- Reading strategies
To help you maintain your health and wellbeing, we can help you find an appropriate agency for:
- Budgeting advice
- Health services
We can also provide guidance and support if you have any concerns or complaints about your wānanga experience.
Student support advisors
Our student support advisors are here to make your journey as stress-free as possible. We can help you:
- Choose a course
- Guide you through the enrolment process
- Equip you with the tools you need to complete your mahi
- Develop the study skills you need to pass your course
- Assist with financial support you may be entitled to
- Apply for scholarships
- Find a counselor or health care provider
- Get disability support
- Plan your career
- Guidance if you have a complaint
As a student at Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, you’ll have the chance to be a student representative for your class. Our student support team works closely with class representatives to make sure students’ concerns are heard and addressed. Volunteers for this role are usually chosen at the beginning of each programme – so put your hand up if you’re keen!