With the National Library at the Raoera campus in Hamilton now home to a 3D printer. Tauira and kaimahi are able to access a 3D printer for just a gold coin koha.
But what to print? Well, literally there are no limits. Whatever you can see, you can print. It's more a case of where do you start?
Whether you need something for home (like one of those apple peelers) or something for the car (new door handle or aerial) or perhaps you just want to make something cool.
We've put together 10 cool things you can print with the 3D printer. Along with files and instructions.
1. Make your own quadcopter
We've all seen them, now you can have one. Simply print your own. Instructions and files can be found here
2. Print your own Camera
Now its not the clearest of cameras, but for those Toi students you are going to love this. This analouge camera with a mirror viewfinder gives the most beautiful of shots. Instructions can be found here
3. Print your own guitar.
Could you imagine a guitar design completely out of māori designs? You should totally print one or print this one. Instructions here.
5. Print yourself that apple peeler you saw on Trademe or simple Measuring spoons (instructions here).
6. Winter is here...and if you are a Game of Thrones fan you can have your very own Winterfell. Instructions here.
7. Gamer perhaps? Transform yourself into Master Chief from Halo with this set of helmet plans. Instructions here
8. Get your medical on by printing your own wrist or arm brace. Instructions here
9. Look after the elderly or the vulnerable and surprise them with a coffee cup holder for their wheelchair.
10. The number ten coolest thing to print with a 3D printer.....a 3d printer. Instructions here
The library is open from 8.30am for kaimahi and tauira at Raoera campus, Te Rapa Rd. Hamilton.
Gold coin donation is required.