Strategic Academic Leadership Opportunity
Nei rā a mihi ka rere kōramuramu atu ki te kōmata o te rangi, kia tau horapa iho ki runga ki ngā tōpito o te motu, kei ngā mana, kei ngā reo, tēnā koutou katoa.
Te Rautiaki Mātauranga, the Academic Board of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, is seeking expressions of interest for suitably qualified individuals to be considered for vacancies on the board. This is an opportunity to be part of advancing the kaupapa of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa and its commitment to ‘whānau transformation through education’.
Te Rautiaki Mātauranga has vacancies for:
- Three external members;
- One academic kaimahi of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa; and
- One tauira of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa.
Te Rautiaki Mātauranga has the principal responsibility to:
- Promote, maintain and monitor educational quality, consistent with the strategic objectives of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa as a wānanga under the Education Act 1989;
- Advise on indigenous educational directions of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa;
- Promote the maintenance and advancement of indigenous body of knowledge that contributes to rangahau and to regional and national Māori, whānau, hapū and iwi development;
- Oversee and monitor the development of all educational activities of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa;
- Provide regular reports on its activities to Te Mana Whakahaere; and
- Exercise any powers and perform any other duties delegated to it by Te Mana Whakahaere and Te Taiurungi (Chief Executive).
To be considered for the external vacancies, Te Rautiaki Mātauranga is seeking candidates with extensive experience in academic leadership. Experience in mātauranga Māori curriculum, research, or tertiary education policy would also be advantageous.
A job description is available on request to Helen.Cooper@twoa.ac.nz. To express an interest in these vacancies, please forward an application letter and curriculum vitae to Helen.Cooper@twoa.ac.nz by 2 October 2015.