The Constitution of Te Mana Whakahaere (Council) of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa Te Kuratini o Ngā Waka
1. Te Mana Whakahaere of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa Te Kuratini o Ngā Waka shall be composed of a total of nine members, consisting of:
- Three members appointed by the Minister for Tertiary Education; and
- Six members appointed by Te Mana Whakahaere in accordance with the Direct Appointment of Members to TMW Statute 2015, as amended or replaced from time to time.
2. Subject to, and in accordance with, section 171D and section 173 of the Education Act 1989, Te Mana Whakahaere members shall serve no more than four terms of up to four years.
3. This constitution shall be established when notice is published in the Gazette by the Minister. The constitution will come into effect on the 29-07-2015.