Skip Content

Here are a variety of organisations that can assist you with financial support while studying with us. Please contact your local Student Support Advisor for further assistance.


At StudyLink you can:

  • Apply for a Student Allowance, Student Loan or Bursary Payment.
  • Find all the appropriate Forms and Brochures.
  • Learn about your rights and responsibilities.

Work and Income New Zealand

In most situations you will access financial assistance through StudyLink. However, in certain cases, Work and Income New Zealand may be able to provide assistance. Check out their website for information such as Training Incentive Allowance, Benefits and Family Assistance.

Scholarships and Grants

You may be eligible for scholarships to help you with your studies.

Citizen’s Advice Bureau

Citizens Advice Bureau can provide information to assist with almost any issue, and if they can't, they'll find someone who can. No problem is too big or too small. Whether you're about to be evicted from your flat, need to find local childcare, or want advice on how to deal with a neighbour, they have trained Citizen’s Advice Bureau volunteers to assist you. They'll discuss your options with you and give you a contact number for any services or organisations that will be able to help further.

Budgeting Advice

The New Zealand Federation of Family Budgeting Services is dedicated to the development and education of budgeting skills through community courses and free advice from supportive, confidential and culturally aware services. Federation budget services provide advice in most towns and cities in New Zealand from Kaitāia to Invercargill, including Great Barrier and Waiheke Islands. Visit the website to locate a service close to you.

The Salvation Army also provides budgeting advice. This site also discusses employment training, parenting assistance, and pregnancy support.

If you require further budgeting assistance, please contact your local Student Support Advisor.

Provide feedback on this page