Belinda Wang was qualified for her line of work and business was going well - but she felt she needed something more.

Belinda owns Sean Recruitment, which offers recruitment services both in New Zealand and abroad.

She also provides immigration advice to help skilled migrants get work here.

Her Auckland-based business was progressing reasonably well and Belinda could have rested on her laurels but she believed something was missing.

“I had a marketing degree but I felt I needed to have a more thorough concept of how to manage a small business,” she said.

Belinda found it with Te Wānanga o Aotearoa after she enrolled in a free certificate of small business management programme.

The 36-week course introduces students to business planning processes in New Zealand, business law, marketing, management and accounting.

The following year Belinda studied towards a certificate in management, also through Te Wānanga o Aotearoa.

Belinda says the qualifications she gained through Te Wānanga o Aotearoa have helped to expand her business.

“The courses were very interesting and very helpful for my business – especially the marketing management module and financial and people management,” said Belinda.

“All of these modules were very practical and I have applied this theoretical knowledge in the running of my business.”

Te Wānanga o Aotearoa prides itself on providing a unique learning environment that delivers holistic education opportunities of the highest quality.

Te Wānanga o Aotearoa believes that education is the key in assisting whānau to achieve positive transformation in their lives.

It’s something that Belinda can attest to.

“What I learned on the programme was very practical and very useful for my business,” she said.

“I have recommended Te Wānanga o Aotearoa to  my friends some of whom want to open their own cafes, shops or restaurants.  I have told them the information on the programme that I did was very helpful and practical and I believe could help them with their business plan.”

Today, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa delivers programmes and courses to over 32,000 students at 120 sites in 50 towns and cities throughout the country. 

Te Wānanga o Aotearoa was established in 1985 and more than 300,000 students have graduated from its courses and programmes since.

To enrol in our semester B free Small Business Management course click here to talk to us about the course give us a call on 0800 355 553

Published On: 09 July 2015

Article By: James Ihaka

• 24 July, 2019

Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is offering an exciting opportunity to bring students closer to their dream career.

From creating a resume that gets the attention of potential employers, learning important communication skills to developing research and essay writing skills, the NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation is for anyone serious about taking a decisive step towards a career.

• 24 July, 2019

Introductory Mau Rākau new feature in Mangere course

An introduction to the ancient Māori martial art of mau rākau is a new feature of a key arts course being offered at the Mangere campus of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa starting at the end of this month.

• 23 July, 2019

Making a difference for rangatahi through arts

A new Māori performing arts course being offered in Whakatane for the first time can help make a real difference in the lives of rangatahi (young people), says its highly experienced kaiako (tutor).

• 15 July, 2019

Kawerau campus makes positive waves as it turns 10

Making a positive difference for local whānau and supporting the community in a myriad of ways is a big buzz for staff at the Kawerau campus of Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, which is celebrating its 10th anniversay this coming Monday 15 July.